Many existing drug compounds as well as those coming out of discovery nowadays are poorly soluble which need special efforts to be formulated into drug products. The second annual conference on Formulation and Drug Delivery will discuss effective formulation and delivery technologies for enhancing solubility and bioavailability. We seek proposals on practical case studies and successful strategies that describe key challenges and solutions in increasing solubility of poorly soluble molecules, maximizing exposure, and opportunities in extending product life cycle.
We invite you to join the leading formulation experts from around the world in this key discussion on formulation and delivery, and see how experts like you are developing poorly soluble drugs into scientifically sound, patient centric formulations, and reducing their product development timelines.
Who Should Attend: VPs, Directors and Senior Scientists specializing in: Formulation, Pre-Formulation, Pharmaceutics, Drug Delivery, Product Development, Analytical Chemistry, Solid state Chemistry, Partnering, Licensing & Alliance Management, Life-Cycle & Portfolio Management, Chemical Engineering, Process R&D, Drug Discovery, Intellectual Property, Toxicology
Topic may include, but are not limited to:
- Application of Pharmaceutics and biopharmaceutics principles for dosage form design and development
- Enabling technologies and emerging tools for formulation development and delivery of poorly soluble drugs. Which enabling technology to adopt and when?
- Role of enabling technologies in drug discovery, overcoming challenges in solubility, dose limiting drug exposure , preclinical safety assessment, human dose prediction
- Case studies on how drug delivery has enabled new dosage forms or new routes of administration for repurposing and extending product life cycle
- Case studies on age appropriate formulation development such as pediatric formulations
- Targeting technologies for increasing drug safety and efficacy. Application of nanotechnology in drug delivery and targeting
- Strategies and technologies for improving API and excipient stability in formulation.
- Impact particle size in formulation development and tools to monitor and control particle size
- New Excipients: Applications in novel delivery, formulation development and regulatory challenges and opportunities
- Pre-Formulation, Higher-throughput formulation screening and experimental design
- Analytics: Development of dissolution methods for controlled release systems, impurity characterization
- DoE and QbD and PAT in Formulation Development
- Case studies on collaborations between formulation and process chemists for better and faster drug development
Presentations are invited on the following tentative short courses topics:
- Nanotechnology applications for enhancing API bioavailability
- Development and validation of analytical method for dissolution studies, impurity characterization
- Design and interpretation of stability studies for product development, stability assessment and prediction
Scientists who wish to present their knowledge and expertise to their colleagues as a podium or poster presentation are asked to submit an abstract.
Click here to submit a speaking proposal. Remember to specify the conference that you are interested in and please provide your full contact information.
Visit www.worldpharmacongress.com to register for a very special early-bird discounted rate.
The deadline for submission is November 1, 2013.
All proposals are subject to review by the Scientific Advisory Committee to ensure the highest quality of the conference program. Please note that due to limited speaking slots, preference is given to pharmaceutical and biotech companies, regulators and those from academia. Additionally, vendors/consultants who provide products and services to these biopharmaceutical companies are offered opportunities for podium presentation slots based on a variety of Corporate Sponsorships.
For questions about the meeting, please contact:
Cambridge Healthtech Institute
Phone: (+1) 781-972-5406
For partnering & sponsorship information, please contact:
Manager, Business Development
Cambridge Healthtech Institute
Phone: (+1) 781-972-5431